Come and grow your career with Suttons Seeds
At Suttons Seeds we are always looking for bright new talent to help drive the business forward. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a fast-paced, ever-changing industry please send us your CV.
As a company with the ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, and we aim to ensure that everyone, throughout the company, has the necessary skills, the right training, and the right attitude to ensure Suttons Seeds remains a market leader. We offer a diverse range of opportunities, from our offices to our warehouse, from our call centre to our production department and from our laboratory to our trials ground.
Whatever your working background you may just find the job you’ve always been looking for. And the fact that we’re based by the seaside in beautiful Devon is just an added bonus!
Flower Product Manager
- To select and maintain the flower, bulb, seed and plant ranges for both retail and mail order sections.
- To be proactive in the sourcing and approving of new products in line with both current market trends and company requirements.
- Travel – both UK and International – working closely with breeders and suppliers in the quest for new products.
Will have proven experience and knowledge, must be financially astute and have proven commercial acumen in this area. Suttons is looking for creativity within the role and for good negotiation skills. Will be able to work under pressure and to meet targets on time; have the ability to organise, plan & prioritise and have the ability to manage staff and communicate the needs of the business and the expectations of the department.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic and confident as well as being computer literate.
– Select and control the flower ranges including negotiating prices and availability, subject to company requirements and market trends.
– Liaising with suppliers to ensure the product is ready for despatch on time and to a high standard, through sourcing and comparing suppliers for quality, pricing and reliability.
– Provide and maintain flower seed, plant and bulb ranges for catalogues, promotions and websites.
– Whilst providing all technical product information for both seed and plants.
– The successful candidate will ensure that targets are met and are on time, provide accurate product costs and carry out QC visits to nurseries as required. Ensure products are delivered to meet despatch schedules.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with other departments, press and public giving concise, timely information and advice, as required.
Reporting to: Live Products Director
Closing date: 11th February 2015
Please send a covering letter and up to date CV to: Dawn Sylvester, HR Manager, Suttons Seeds, Woodview Road, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 7NG or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 28th Jan 2015