Established in 1806, the Suttons Seeds brand has consistently led the way in supplying the very best flower and vegetable seed varieties of the highest quality. As a subsidiary company of Vilmorin Clause & Cie, the largest packet seed group in the world, Suttons remains one of the UK’s market leaders, with UK sales to garden centre retailers, supermarkets and DIY multiples and direct to consumers by mail-order. The Suttons brand became hugely successful internationally during the 19th and 20th centuries and, in more recent times, we have built up distribution in many new markets.
Holders of the Royal Warrant – as suppliers to British Royal Households
Total commitment to both quality and service excellence has been the key to Suttons Seeds remarkable history. We are privileged to have held the prestigious Royal Warrant since 1858 and still supply seeds to several British Royal Households today!
Consumer philosophy – Renowned for our high standards of customer care!
Here at Suttons Seeds we are proud of our history and heritage, our quality and innovation, but most importantly, of our customer focus and professionalism. Our aim is not just to satisfy – we aim to exceed our customers’ expectations at all times. A company is only as good as its people and with our friendly, experienced and enthusiastic workforce of around 250, everything Suttons Seeds does is focused on our customers’ needs and we take our values very seriously.
In the modern world of high-technology and automation, we are keen to develop strong business relationships through regular communication and face-to-face contact. Although face-to-face communication is very important to Suttons we have also embraced the latest technology to ensure we are delivering a first-class service to you at all times.
At Suttons Seeds, we are totally committed to further developing our brand across the globe and providing all our customers with high-quality and innovative gardening products at competitive prices whilst offering a friendly and personal service. To achieve this, Suttons will continue its proactive approach to develop our products, our staff and to establish long-term relationships with our suppliers and customers.
Suttons Seeds Mission and Values include:
- Supplying innovative seed, plants and gardening products that will satisfy our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining high-quality standards in everything we do
- Reacting to, and satisfying, all customer requirements
- Having a workforce of well-trained and motivated people
- Playing an active and supportive role within the community
- Minimising our impact on the environment
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Quality, innovation and service… guaranteed!
Our Community and Social Responsibility
At Suttons Seeds we believe in working with our community, which is why each year, any seeds that we have remaining are donated to a selection of charities, schools, fundraising projects etc.
Suttons schools Community and Social ResponsibilitySome of the areas we support include:
- Support work with nationwide school gardens projects
- Work with the rehabilitation of prisoners in conjunction with The Eden Project
- Aid to Third World & Developing Countries
- Aid to Countries in need
- Support to nationwide community fundraising projects
- Support to gardening for handicapped & disadvantaged people
- Major supporter to The Royal Horticultural Society’s 2011 “Grow Your Own” initiative
If you would like more information on how Suttons Seeds can help you grow your business simply call us on 01803 696400 or contact your Suttons Seeds Sales Executive and we’ll be happy to help.